This was a UK BUG MasterClass
held on 2nd April, 1997 in Hammersmith, England.
Click here for the files that
accompany this seminar.
What's new in Delphi 3, for Delphi 2 users? This seminar looks
at all the new features in this version, that many users
consider the most resilient 32-bit version so far.
- Editor niceness
- Debugging improvements
What's new on the component palette? All is revealed in this
Ultra-small EXEs via VCL-in-a-DLL. Are packages a virtue or a
Some fine time-saving productivity features designed to stop
you help-surfing and spending all night in the menu system:
- Automatic code completion
- Automatic code parameters
- Automatic tooltip expression evaluation
- Code templates
This encompasses all the new database functionality. We will
- Modified VCL database architecture
- Support for plug-in BDE replacements
- Support for remote datasets to enable thin client writing and n-tier application partitioning
- New BDE features
The support for writing ActiveX and Internet related projects is
overwhelming. Here we see:
- COM and DCOM support
- Dual interface OLE servers
- Type libraries
- Delphi gets multiple inheritance. Of a sort
- The DAX framework for ActiveX's and property pages
- Who needs Java applets when you have ActiveForms?
- Web application generation